Modification: I did quite a bit of modification to these to make this comfy, velvety matching set. For the top, I cut everything with no allowances to get a raw-edge finish on all the hems. Then I also drafted small sleeve pieces that I attached at the underarm point. Then the pants I simply omitted the drawstring and instead used a wide elastic for the waistband (I found pink elastic)! At the hems I didn’t cut the lower portions and instead made the bottoms cropped.
Fabric: As soon as I spotted this stretchy blush pink velvet at King Textiles in Toronto I knew I had to have it! I also found the elastic there.
Notes: These pieces also work wonders as separates! I wore the pants a lot on their own with a wide variety of tops.