Pattern: BurdaStyle’s Retro Top 07/2013 #130 & Culottes 11/2018 #108
Modification: The top I sewed as as in terms of pattern instructions – only cut the sleeves in a contrasting fabric to the bodice. Then for the culottes I used a smaller elastic to create a paper-bag waist style.
Fabric: For the bodice of the top I used a stretch cotton sateen fabric that is always good to have on hand and that beautiful plaid wool came from King Textiles in Toronto. As soon as I saw that green and yellow I knew I had to have some.
Notes: This project was for my November 2018 Mash Up where I wanted to make a look that I could wear to holiday parties that wouldn’t look too over the top. I really love the retro vibe of this outfit though and I ended up wearing it to a couple of parties. You can see how I sewed it together in parts one, two, and three.