Modification: For the pants I just added a pocket to the side panel seam. Then for the top I just cropped the hemline to make it shorter. See the modification post here.
Fabric: I used a stretch cotton denim in army green for the pants as well as leather braided piping. Then for the blouse I used a rayon plaid and brown silk satin all purchased from Fabricland. See the sewing posts part 1 & part 2 here.
Notes: After I made this top I had to crop it even more after I tired it on, then for the pants I broke the invisible zipper as I was trying it on so instead I installed an exposed center-back zipper with large hook and eye. After photographing these together I have never worn them together again, only separately.